Mary A. Cosmo received her undergraduate degree from Hodges University with a Bachelor Degree in Legal Studies and an Associate’s Degree in Paralegal Studies. During her undergraduate studies, she focused on energy sustainability for a sustainable Florida future. Ms. Cosmo also had the pleasure of representing Hodges’ student body through a Presidential Fellowship offered by Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF) at the Florida Legislature. She spearheaded a student body lobby campaign, which focused on preserving the Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG) for those who otherwise could not access Florida’s higher education.
Mrs. Cosmo received her Juris Doctorate from Florida Coastal School of Law, 2013. During law school, Ms. Cosmo served as a Research Associate for the Public Interest Research Bureau. Her duties included research and editing student submissions. Ms. Cosmo also served as Secretary for the student group Law Students Against Violence, which focused on raising funds for local children’s and victim’s shelters. She also interned with a Jacksonville Family Law Practice and the State Attorney’s office in the 20th Circuit.
Mrs. Cosmo’s interests include: Family Law, Sustainable Land Use Planning, Real Property, and Intellectual Property. Her other interests include classical guitar, painting, creative writing, cycling, and theatre. Mrs. Cosmo is remarried with one child and two rescue dogs.
- Lee County Teen Court Coach, 2016
- Lee County Bar Member and Pro-Bono Co-Chair, 2016-17
- Adjunct Professor at Hodges University, Naples, FL., 2016-17
- Real Property & Estates
- Family Law
- Hodges University Alumni Advisory Council, President 2015
- Florida Association of Woman Lawyers, Member 2015-16
- 4-H Advocacy Club, Hendry County 2012-2014
- FCSL Alumni Association of SW Florida, Founding Co-Chair 2013-14
- Public Interest Research Bureau, Research Associate 2011-12;
- Law Students Against Violence, Secretary 2011
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida, Presidential Fellow 2007-08
- Hodges University Legal Society, President 2006-08
- Save it Now Glades 2007-2009