Mrs. Cosmo has been litigating sensitive family and civil law matters in Florida since 2013. She is dedicated to each client and their case. She has successfully litigated many dissolutions, custody, division of property, partition of marital real property, contested guardianships, and other civil matters (partition of property and civil battery).
Mrs. Cosmo is detailed and meticulous when litigating division of property. Mrs. Cosmo has litigated high asset dissolution as well as modest asset dissolutions. Mrs. Cosmo is well versed in intellectual property and royalty rights in the divorce context.
She also practices in Estate Planning, Probate matters, and is a visiting adjunct professor, from time to time, at Hodges University, Naples, Florida, undergraduate legal studies program.
After graduating with a Juris Doctorate from Florida Coastal School of Law, 2013, in Jacksonville, Florida, she passed the Florida bar on the first try. She graduated from Hodges University 2009, with an Associates and Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies. She has been an advocate for clean and sustainable energy and the restoration of the Florida Everglades and its waterways.
Don’t forget to check out the new books authored by Mary A. Cosmo, Esq., on Amazon.com
Fun Fact: Mrs. Cosmo has appeared in a Labelle’s Community Theatre production of Drinking Habits and Steel Magnolias as well as other fundraising performances.
- Fla. Department of Children and Families, Licensed Foster Parent 2017-2021
- Lee County Teen Court Coach, 2016
- Lee County Bar Member and Pro-Bono Co-Chair, 2016-17
- Adjunct Professor at Hodges University, Naples, FL., 2016-17
- Real Property & Estates
- Family Law
- Hodges University Alumni Advisory Council, President 2015
- Florida Association of Woman Lawyers, Member 2015-16
- 4-H Advocacy Club, Hendry County 2012-2014
- FCSL Alumni Association of SW Florida, Founding Co-Chair 2013-14