Can my ex refuse visitation because I am behind on child support?

Failure to pay child support is not a reason to refuse rightful visitation.  However, it is very difficult to ask a court to award or enforce visitation in the best interest of the child when you have failed to act in the best interest of the child by refusing to pay child support.

If you cannot pay your child support due to an unexpected job loss or financial hardship, you can ask the court for a temporary reduction of your payments.  However, as soon as you are able to pay, you will have to pay back the reduction amount.  Just because you lost your job or you are having financial difficulty your child support obligation does not get excused.
If you are having child support issues, call me at 239-233-0222.  I can help!

I am a licensed Florida attorney serving areas in Hendry County: Labelle, Clewiston, Pioneer, Flaghole, Montura, Hooker’s Point; areas in Glades County: Buckhead Ridge, Moore Haven, Lakeport, Palmdale, and Muse; and, areas in Lee County:  Alva, Buckingham, North Ft. Myers, Ft. Myers, and Bonita Springs.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Outcome or results are not guaranteed. The information presented on this website is for advertising purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. An attorney-client relationship will not be established until we have confirmed our representation of your case in writing.