I have just been served with divorce papers, what do I do?

Call an Attorney immediately!  Do not wait.  You only have a limited amount of time to file your response, or you could forfeit some of your rights.  You need to understand your rights and how this process will affect your family. 

If your spouse has taken the steps to filing divorce, they are serious about getting a divorce.   

Florida is a “no fault” state, which means the court will grant a divorce when the court finds that the marriage is irretrievably broken.  At least one spouse must testify about the state of the marriage.  Testimony of either spouse is sufficient proof to establish the requisite grounds even if the other spouse testifies the marriage may be reconciled.


The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Outcome or results are not guaranteed. The information presented on this website is for advertising purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. An attorney-client relationship will not be established until we have confirmed our representation of your case in writing.


%d bloggers like this: