Win! Dismissal in favor of my Client!


Can an out-of-state Court modify my child support?

Generally no, but there are a few exceptions.  Under the Full Faith and Credit for Child Support Orders Act (“FFCCSOA”), a state can only enforce and out-of-state Child Support Order and does not have Jurisdiction to modify such Orders unless neither the child nor either party is no longer a resident of the original state or the parties consent to the new jurisdiction.  U.S. Code §1738B; See Department of Revenue v. Skladanuk, 683 So. 2d 624, 625-626 (Fla. 2d DCA1996).