How can I change my child’s name?


Happy Holidays!


Family Law, Civil Litigation, Wills  & Estate Planning, and Probate matters.

Call us, we are here to help

Ft. Myers 239-208-2203

LaBelle 863-764-9980

Happy Friday!

Friday is here once again. Whether your plans this weekend include shopping, baking, decorating or just spending time with loved with ones, we hope you have fun enjoying the “most wonderful time of the year.” Whatever your plans entail, please remember to stay safe. Enjoy!


Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

As we are all busy making our holiday preparations, let us all take a moment of silence in remembrance of the devastating attacks on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Let us all honor the heroism and sacrifice of so many on that December morning 75 years ago today.

#PearlHarborRemembranceDay #75thAnniversary


Happy Thanksgiving


From everyone here at the Law Office of Mary A. Cosmo, we wish you a happy Thanksgiving filled with friends and family.  Wishing you safe travels during the Holiday!  -MAC


Family Law, Guardianship, Trust & Estate Planning, Serving Lee, Hendry, Glades, and, Collier Counties. Law Offices in Ft. Myers and Law Office in LaBelle.

Young lawyers host Summer holiday party – The News-Press

Source: Young lawyers host summer holiday par ty – The News-Press

About 40 Foster Kids enjoys Christmas in July with the wonderful Lee County Young Lawyers Division.  Thank you to all who made this a memorable event!  I think I had more fun then the kids! – Mary A. Cosmo, Esq.

Can I get Back Child Support?


By: Melissa E. Mongiello, Esquire

In Florida, a non-residential parent may be responsible for paying child support prior to the date a petition is filed.   Also known as retroactive child support. Under Florida law, both parents have a legal responsibility to provide support for their children. Retroactive child support may be needed when one parent pays for the child’s necessities, expenses and daily care and the other parents has not provided any support for the child.

The parent requesting retroactive child support must allege the need in their petition. If the parent seeking retroactive child support can show a need for back child support for the 24 months preceding the filing date. It is also important to note that, awarding retroactive child support is discretionary with the Judge –meaning that the Judge has discretion whether or not retroactive child support will be awarded to the parent seeking back child support.

By: Melissa E. Mongiello, Esquire, Fort Myers, Family Law Attorney


%d bloggers like this: